Wednesday 29 January 2014

Guest Designer - Vrinda Bhartiya

Happy Wednesday all !! 
Shilpa here,
Hope you are enjoying beautiful inspirational tutorials with our Design Team for 'Scrap your scraps' Challenge. Today, we would like you to welcome our Guest Designer Vrinda Bhartiya from An Affair with Crafting.
Vrinda is a new talented  Mixed Media Artist on the horizon. She has some beautiful projects on her blog. She has recently started with decoupage and layouts. We are delighted to have her at Lulupu to showcase a Layout which she made for our current 
You have until 31st January to join the fun.
Over to Vrinda.....


Hey Guys… This is Vrinda here.  First of all a big thank you to Karuna and her team for this opportunity !

I am a person who wears a lot of different hats !… By profession I am a Jewelry and Accessory designer .. I also work as a design faculty. Crafting and reading are my two biggest love’s … though crafting seems to be inching to the top as I am getting more and more addicted to all forms of stamping, heat embossing and not to forget mixed media. I love experimenting and trying different things with the supplies that I have.

And now for this month's challenge - 'scrap your scraps'



 Everything that I have used in this layout has been leftover from previous projects.And  this is how I started...


I first adhered strips of newspaper to a rescued chipboard and then, arranged my strips of pattern paper on a (previously cut out) heart. I then applied a light coat of Gesso on the newspaper (heat dried it ) and then misted it with Lindy’s starburst sprays.


 I used a TCW stencils and modeling paste in the background …  and then again misted it till I achieved the effect that I liked 


I then pasted my scrap pattern paper heart ( which I lightly edged with distress ink) and then embellished it with some hearts that were again the negatives from a previously made frame.

I hope my Mixed Media Layout inspires you  to use up your scraps too!… and enter this Amazing challenge.

Lots of love

Vrinda


6 comments:

Thank you for your comments and feedback.