Monday 27 January 2014

Using your Scraps | Die-Cut Quilled Roses

Hello!!!

This is Nikita here and after a really really long time, I am posting one of my projects here!! How have you all been??? I am sorry I haven't been visiting your blogs to check your entries for the challenges, but I will do that soon. I have just moved and unpacking and settling in has taken a bit of time and lot of my energy. But enough excuses; let's get back to talking about what I have to share.

For the current challenge, you have to use your scraps. Initially, I was completely lost because it seemed like I had used up all of my good ideas here. (Video here) But then, I thought of something.

I was itching to use these Rose dies from Quilled Creations (destashed by Pratiksha) and what I thought it would be perfect for scrap pieces of PP.



I had a few left over pieces of 6" x 6" PP and the 2-2.5" pieces were perfect for the Small roses die. 
I couldn't see where they would cut the paper, so I turned it over and placed my PP on it. 
To ensure that it stays in place, I used Washi Tape.

Then I turned it back and ran it through my Cuttlebug.



I then started rolling it using my Slotted needle...


And this is what the finished rose ended up looking like.

I was soooo excited about making the roses, that I ended up making loads of them in all three sizes (depending upon the size of the scrap PP) and placed them in clusters on three different areas on the card. I also cut out leaves (from the same dies) and distressed them with Crushed Olive & Peeled Paint.
I also quilled some swirls using Brown 3mm strips and placed them around the flower clusters.

The papers for the flowers, the layers and well as the background, are from My Mind's Eye's Miss Caroline Dolled Up 6"x6" Paper Pad. Lovely papers!!! Yummy!!! :)
  

I wanted the Card to look like a scrapbook page so I added some more elements.
The camera is a die cut from Amy Tangerine's Daybook Collection. I added a Doiley on the base PP, layered a background PP for the photo and stuck the die cut in between the two :P

I printed the sentiment out and distressed the edges of the CS with Antique Lenin & Tea Dye.

And ta-da!! Done!!!! Can you tell I used Scraps for this? :P :P

Here's the list of products used to make this card! :D




That's all for today!!! I'll see you guys next month with a brand new challenge!!

Till then, happy crafting!!

Love,
Nikita! :D

2 comments:

  1. Lovely creations! Inspires me to make loads of roses now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card, Nikita! many times we forget to do simple things, thanks for reminding that and making such a cute flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.