Tuesday 7 January 2014

New DT Valou going Shabby Chic


Hello Peeps!


Welcome back. Karuna here & as promised we so so excited to have yet another international crafter to join the Lulupu Team all the way from Belgium! When I received Valou's entry for the DT position I was blown away by her work and humble nature. She is amazing with her shabby chic style and fabulous at colouring images. I love the tone of shades she usually works with. Am sure she will bring in a lot of fun and joy with some great projects in the coming months.



Please join me in welcoming Valou with a big heart...... over to her....




Ola!


Valou here, I am very happy and very honored to join the DT of "Lulupu". 

It is my first post today, and I am a little put under stress, lolll.



My name is Valérie ALLARD, more known under the pen name valou250809. I live in Belgium just next to the big city of Chaleroi and in 40 kilometers from Brussels. 

I have 5 children from 4 to 13 years of age. I have been scrapping since 2006 and my style is the “Shabby Chic Style” but I also know how to create in a vintage style or C&S without any problem. I create a great deal of cards and of projects home decoration and totally enjoy doing it.

Thank you very much! 


Now, I am going to present you my project for our new Challenge #23 - Create a
 calendar.



For making this calendar, I used a base of "Chipboard Extra Heavy". I cut it so as to have a 24 cm piece x 17 cms. Then, I painted the surface with white "Gesso" so that my paper adheres well. I used a paper " Inkido " which I used edges with "Old Distresser".

The calendar is a real calendar bought in a hypermarket. Behind every daily page, is a small joke to be told to the children. Small moment of relaxation and day fun, lol. 




I used an image " Paper Shelter ". I colored it in the following way: 



- Ink "Distress Tattered Rose" and inks "Distress Vintage Photo" for the skin. 

- Ink "Distress Tea Dye" and "Distress Vintage Photo" for hair. 

- Ink "Distress Worm Lipstick" for the dress, the lips, the cheeks and the flowers in hair.

- Ink "Distress Black Soot" for the jacket and the shoes. 

- Ink "Distress Black Soot" very diluted for the tower. 
- Glitter Stickels Frosted Lace for wings and underskirt of the dress. 

I cut the image with small fine scissors then I stuck it with foam pieces 3-d on a die-cut realized with "Cuttlebug" and a dies " Spellbinders-Nestabilities - Majestic Ovals ". I embossed this die-cut with some powder "Frantage Shabby Pink". 


I creates a small decoration of flowers and foliage in the corner and  all the flowers are covered with "Glitter Stickels Icicle".





I hope that my project inspires you. 

Thank you for your love and wish you a pleasant day. 


Supplies Used:    


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Valou...loved the pleasing pastel shades in your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work Valou. I love your shabby chic style. Looking forward to seeing more of your creations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Valou, Love the delicate colours and image xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely wok ! I loved the idea of writing a joke everyday !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card and love that image.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.