Saturday 4 January 2014

Lulupu Challenge # 23 - Create a Calendar

Ola!

Karuna here, and am super excited to begin the new year with a bang! Welcome back :)

As I mentioned earlier we have a new Design Team. Woo hoo! Its none other than Shilpa Nagaonkar from Neon Diary. She is an amazing artist and very versatile in her crafting style! She has been a regular participant at Lulupu and we loved her enthusiasm shown to join the team! Please welcome her with a big hug. Over to Shilpa!






Hi I am Shilpa from Bangalore. I am a stay at home mom for a gorgeous 12 yrs old daughter.  I have been dabbling in art and craft ever since i have known. I was attracted towards Card making when I visited UK decade ago, and started making them for family and friends. Couple of years ago I got introduced to Mixed Media and Art Journal, and I am fascinated by it now.  I love to try new styles, new techniques and new products. And making CAS Cards, scrapbook layouts and other mixed media projects is my passion. 
I am very happy to be part of Lulupu Design Team now !!

Good Morning to you all  beautiful Crafters!

New Year...New Beginning and New Challenge at Lulupu. I am super excited to announce the very first challenge for 2014!


                               Lulupu Challenge # 23 - Create a Calendar


{Qualification Guidelines here}

Challenge#23 General guidelines


1. Create any type of Calendar(2014) - it can be  Desktop, Wall Calendar, Pocket Calendar or maybe something new you innovate!

2. You may use any technique/idea and we would love to see you work with pattern papers, stamps, inks, mists, markers, paints, die cuts, embellishments, washi tapes etc. Go crazy!

3. Since we are a little late in announcing the new challenge we will keep the Inlinkz open till January 20th, 2013 at 11:55 PM IST.




And the winner of this challenge will receive a 
Gift Voucher of Rs.500/- from Lulupu - The craft Lounge


                                                



I've made this Mixed Media Accordion Calendar as inspiration  for this fortnight.




I've used 6 thick Chipboard pieces as a base. Front view shows January to June. And I repeated the same designs on the backside for next six months.

Here are some close up views of each one..





I started with applying the Gesso. When it dried completely, I arranged and adhered various pattern papers. There after I used stamping, stencilling and ink sprays and on some I've also added beautiful lace. I enjoyed distressing the edges.










I hope you are inspired , I can't wait to see what you all will create! So take out your papers, glue, scissors, inks, stamps..and start the fun!
Happy Crafting!!

Lots of love,
Shilpa


Supplies used:



26 comments:

  1. The calendar is just so lovely Shilpa!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful calendar n fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to see Shilpa as DT member at Lulupu ! All the Best for your term. I loved the calender,each panel has wonderful mix of pps n stenciling !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Shilpa!! So happy to see you as a new DT member at Lulupu :). Your calendar looks so beautiful!! and professional!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great start to the New Year. Awesome inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey this is an awesome idea :) really really cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a big fan of shilpa's work and so happy to see her work showcased here.I actually didnt even know you are from Bangalore Shilpa....i def have to meet you !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its such a beautiful calender and most of all I loved your concept Shilpa! Your mixed media style looks so amazing and so happy to see you as part of Lulupu :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a brilliant project Shilpa, love all the colours and different textures and how you have laid them out on the pages, such a great idea also to do it as an accordion!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to c u here as DT and its such a lovely project, Shilpa...Love it a lot

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely work... :) Congratulations on becoming a part of the design team...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant work , looks very professional ...loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much Darshana, Dipti, Sonia, Susi, Hussena, Astrid, Sathya, Dhivya for kind words!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an inspiration Shilpa ! Really loved your calendar and the mixed media u have used.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Popped over from The Neon Diary to formally congratulation you, Shilpa, for the prestige DT appointment! Lulupu is so lucky to have you! Love the detail in each of your calendar pages. A great project. Good luck, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Added my 2014 Calender here *-* !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely designs on every page....loved the use of different mediums to seem like one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful calendar!!! Loved the use of stencils and mists... N congratulations on the DT appoinment... :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am trying to attach my entry but its showing entry closed :(
    bt last day to enter is 20th jan

    ReplyDelete
  21. here is my link to d post plz fix...
    http://craftopedia2012.blogspot.in/2014/01/hello-friend.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.