Monday 13 January 2014

Guest Designer - Lekha Jain

Hello Crafters!

Hope you had a great weekend! I totally did :)

Its Karuna here, today we would like you to welcome our Guest Desinger Lekha Jain from Magic Finger

Lekha is very talented artist and she has some really amazing Quilling projects at her Blog. She has recentry dabbled with stamping and heat embossing and she is doing some pretty awesome work. We are delighted to have her over to showcase a calendar she made for our current
Remember you have until 20th Jan to join the fun.
Over to Lekha.......



Hi, I am Lekha from Magic Fingers, living in natures' lap...Lake City..aka Udaipur.A very warm hello to all my fellow crafters and hoping this year brings all wonderful things in store for you.
By qualification I am a Hospital Administrator but by passion a crafter. Lately left my job at a Medicity and now full time crafting and believe me loving every bit of it..(Hospitals are dull and colorless..!!). And found myself so many talented crafty friends :)
I love creating and exploring different forms of art, but quilling will always be my first love..Of late, I am enjoying the art of stamping and heat embossing..and its addictive!!I know all you gals would agree :P.
My style of crafting is more towards clean,simple and less blingy..somehow my brain is tuned that ways..:)But I love experimenting and have enjoyed making layouts featuring mix media and quilling . For me, crafting acts as a stress buster.


A lot of there is still to explore … ! 


Lastly, my sincere thanks goes to Karuna and the super - awesome Lulupu team for selecting me as a Guest Designer. I am way too excited for my first post as a Guest DT on such a creative and wonderful blog of Lulupu.

And now for this month's challenge- - Create a Calendar .
"Anything Goes" 
here is my Inspiration for you today: 



I created this 6 page(both sided) flip calendar with pocket tags for 2014.
Every page has pattern paper layered and stitched to form a pocket which has a clear embossed and distressed tag with sentiment stamped on to it. Tags have coordinating pattern paper tabs to pull them out easily. 





Each month calendar is distressed on edges, fixed with a small round brad and embellished with diecuts, flowers,small cute little banners,etc .

The 6 pages have been bound together with binder rings adorned with ribbons..
I hope my post inspires you. I am excited to see what you come up with!


Keep crafting
Lekha

10 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!!!!!! Wow lekha....M glued with pics. Awesome work. Very bright, eye catchy n beautiful work. Well done buddy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. Ssuper.... Bright colorful just d way i like.. Hint ... Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah finally lekha!!! very nice.. neat.. n totally ur style... :) like like

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous !! so bright and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow !! This is just amazing work Lekha !! ..Your flip calender with tags is just beautiful ..So many lovely details and work has gone into this ..I am so in love with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO Nice to know about you Lekha ! Congrats on your GD post !Loved the vibrantly colorful Calender and liked the idea of pockets with tags !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Colourful, Vibrant, Amazing ! Even I love that idea of pockets with tags..had done it on my scrapbook layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. very bright and cheerful calender. You have done so many thing.. outcome is superb

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow... awesome work..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...lekha. .its super awesome. ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.