Monday 19 May 2014

How to - Scrapbook Layout in Four Steps

 Hello Beautiful Crafters,
Shilpa here,
How's been  the week so far?
Are you enjoying our fun challenge


Deepti and Hussena must have inspired you with their fabulous movie themed cards.
For our this challenge you can create Layout as well, so here I am with Layout tutorial in four steps, it is very easy to follow and I am sure you would love to try it soon.


The Layout is all about recent movie I watched with my daughter during her Summer Holidays 'Rio 2'. It has showcased the importance of Flora and Fauna. And that is the inspiration for my layout.

Step 1

I embossed white Card stock through different Provo -Cuttlebug and Sizix embossing folders. I cut them in different sizes with my newest craft tool -We are Memory Score and Trim board. I must say, it is very convenient for scrapbooking and card making. Then I adhered all pieces on to 12*12 chipboard. And to make it uniform, I applied thin layer of Sakura Acrylic Gesso. I used my Heat Gun to dry.

Step 2


I layered the photo onto pattern paper with  3D Foam Tabs, it gives dimensional look.

Step 3



I cut out the pictures of fruits from pattern papers and created one layer. Another layer is with Prima flowers, leaves and butterfly.

Step 4


I used my yellow, green, orange water colors to highlight the the embossed designs. You can use distress inks, acrylic colors, Lindy's mists or Magicals  or anything similar, dilute it  with water and apply with brush to get this effect.

And here is final picture of my movie inspired Layout


Hope I inspired you to start new Layout with our Movie Inspiration theme
The challenge links will remain open till May, 31st.
I am waiting to see what you create at

Lulupu Challenge #31
Movie Inspiration





Supplies used:


8 comments:

  1. What a fun n colorful page ! Thanks for the tut Shilpa !

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful layout!! TFS tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! i love it shilpa..Rio my favorite ..thanks for the tutorial..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous!!! Love the bright colours & the used of watercolor, awesome tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. Nice bright colours...
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.