Wednesday 28 May 2014

Guest Designer - Kathleen White

Hello Crafters,
Shilpa here,
Today we have Guest Designer  Kathleen White from, Texas,USA, who was the winner for our previous Layout challenge. She makes brilliant Scrapbook Layouts. Her creations are vintage, shabby chic or loaded with paints ,sprays and gesso...depending on her  inspiration on any given day.Today She is here to inspire us for 

 Over to Kathleen..


Greetings friends, Kathleen White here. Today's project is a modern take on a traditional 4th of July layout. I took this picture of my daughter and her husband last July and thought that I would make a 4th of July layout with it. Red, white and blue those were the colors I had in mind. This 7 Dots Studio paper just had the right saying for an American layout."Make It Happen"


The Layout is inspired by the Movie "The Life and Time of Rosie the Riveter." It is a 1980  film by Connie Field about the American women who went to work during World War II to do "men's jobs". I've facination for that Era. Here are some more pics,







How I did it:
 Washi tape film style frames the pictures. I have mounted the picture red card stock and since I ran out of pop dots I used a piece of card board to raise it up giving it dimension. I cut out the lions to further frame my subject. I call them my MGM lions! The gears were inked in black and the one around the flag was also given some silver ink around the edges to make it stand out. The light was inked in black them the bottom or the bulb was sprayed in yellow and the surrounding area was also given a spray or two for the glowing light. This paint really has a beautiful shine to it. Tags are tuck into the sides for journaling. Black sewing thread was given a good wadding and stuffed up under the picture providing more texture and interest.

 Thank you for stopping by to see and hope it inspires you to join the challenge!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome layout Kathleen. Love the textures and embellishments. Thank you for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is lovely..Kathleen. so refreshing to see an LO without flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This layout looks awesome Kathleen!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome LO Kathleen! I have loved all your creations ! Just love you style of scrapbooking! Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout .....loved all the elements you have used...thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely layout, and very artful layering too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.