Saturday 3 May 2014

A Card with Punch flower tutorial and Some News !

Hello People,
Karuna here,
First quarter of the year is already over...time really flies! Look at us its our 30th challenge :)

We have some updates.
Our dear DT Pooja is bidding us Goodby and we are surely gonna miss her. 
And we have some Hellos too. Please welcome our new very talented Design Team member Deepti Stephens!
Most of you know her through her blog Catchy Designs Collections and her challenge blog
Let's get to know her a bit more what say?
 Over to Deepti.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Hello dear friends! My name is Deepti Stephens and I'm from Andhra Pradesh. I have done my BDS but I'm not a dentist by profession. :) I'm a very simple girl helping my hubby with his work. We have a society and a Bible Literature shop. I spend most of time in church and in it's activities. I love to make simple, fun, cheerful and happy cards. Love to draw my own images and I love stamping and coloring a lot. Thank you so much Karuna for giving me this lovely opportunity. Hope I can inspire you all. Thank you so much for all the love and support.. :)

Alright! the challenge here at Lulupu is to make 'Feminine Cards'. Please find the general guidelines here and qualification guidelines here. Please read and follow the rules carefully to get your entry qualified.. :)

Well.. Today I'm here with a fancy fold card. And I'm sharing a small tutorial too..


To make this card I hand drew a window and cut it with a paper knife. You can see the green background behind the window, that's done using Martha Stewart embossed border punch. I used vellum to make the flowers.. I stuck the tulips behind the window so that the tulips look real and they are popping out!!  :)


This is how the card looks when it's opened. Used the same border punch to create the grass. :)
I also used Bo bunny stickers and Technique Tuesday stampset.


Here is the inside of the card! Ok! now let's move on to the tutorial on 'how to make tulips using a heart punch'.. :)

Step 1

Punch out two hearts. For one flower you'll need two hearts..

Step 2

Cut into two pieces using scissors, it should look just like a broken heart.. ;) :p

Step 3 

Sponge the edges using your favourite color.. I used Spun Sugar distress ink..

Step 4

Adhere all the pieces together. That's it the tulip is ready now.. The leaves were hand drawn.. ;)

Hope you enjoyed this tiny tutorial. Kindly play along our


and have fun.. ;)


supplies used:

13 comments:

  1. Congrats Deepti, great to see a fellow andhrite rock the card making world! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card! - Rahmat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Deepti! Love your card and the tulips are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing the tutorial..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Deepti. You'll surely rock as a Lulupu DT member too :) Thanks for this beautiful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Deepti! Beautiful card and lovely tutorial ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous card, Deepti. And thanx for the great tutorial. I am definitely going to try my hand at these. Congrats and looking forward to seeing more of your inspiring creations at Lulupu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to have you as a fellow DT deepti ..your card and tutorial are just fabulous !! Thank you so much for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Deepti !! Happy to see you as Lulupu DT member :) ! All the best. I liked the card n your technique too !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Deepti! Awesome card and tute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats Deepti!!!! beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to Lulupu Team, Deepti! Very happy to work with you in coming days!
    Beautiful card with lovely Tulip :) and great tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you dear ladies for all your love.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.