Sunday 11 May 2014

How to : Make Stamped Flowers

Hello Beautiful Crafters,
Shilpa here,
Happy Mother's Day to you all !!
Hope you are having fun with our current 


One of the most common presents on Mothers Day are flowers and with that in mind we have created this challenge for you. We want to see your lovely Mothers Day cards with 3D Flowers on them and of course a border punch being used.
So have you made the flowers and card for your Mom yet?
I did, and here it is...


Yes, I selected soft colors for this card.The flowers are handmade with Hearfelt creation stamp. Let me explain step by step how I've done that.


I stamped flower image three times on Watercolor paper with Heartfelt creations Stamp and Coffee Archival Ink. I used  watercolor paper becoz, I had planned to color my flowers with water and distress inks, and it gives best result. it doesn't crumple up. And Archivel ink is waterproof.



Next, I smooshed Spun Sugar distress ink onto my acrylic block (color is very light and not visible in pic) and with my Koi waterbrush I picked the ink to color the flowers. For more shading I used Victorian velvet distress ink.
With the same technique, I colored all flowers.



Here, you will see, I fussy cut the flowers, spritzed water with mini misters, waited for 3-4 sec and curled them up with an embossing tool.
When the flowers dried, I colored the edges with Memento Gum drop ink.
I added pearls in the center and flowers are ready. Easy...!  Aren't they?
Lastly, I attached all together, we can see three layers of petals for each flower.


Hope you enjoyed the stamped flower making tutorial!

Lulupu store has got a new collection of Flower stamps, Distress Minis and Ek Success border punches, check them out to make flowers for your Mom this Mothers day.

We would like to see your handmade flowers on the cards in this fortnight's

 Lulupu Challenge # 29
Feminine Cards

Lots of Love
Shilpa


Supplies used :

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Shilpa..loved how you have made those pretty flowers..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just amazing Shilpa....thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card with soft colors. Love the way you stamped and colored the flowers. They look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Shilpa ! The fussy cut flowers look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are beautiful Shilpa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome tute Shilpa... lovely flowers and beautiful card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its such a gorgeous card Shilpa ! And those blooms are just beautiful ..Thank you for sharing the tutorial on how you made them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many fascinating techniques and materials, and what a great result.
    I like that you show the pictures of the art materials.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.