Thursday 19 June 2014

Prima Bloom Girl Shadow box with Lulupu colors

Hello Beautiful Crafters,
Shilpa here,
As you all know, we  have Special challenge for this fortnight. Lulupu has got new Logo with fabulous colors and you have to make craft/art  inspired by this color palette.
 Winner will get yummy 'Lemonlush paper pad and Wonderlust stickers!!!
Kripa is the host of this challenge and she has created the wonderful LO and its my turn to inspire you.
Today, I present you a Shadow box created with lots of new products at Lulupu store. I will take you through my project step by step and we will talk about the use of each product.


I wanted to use this new Prima Bloom  girl - Paige, designed by Jamie Dougherty. Ohh my!! what an Artist she is!! She has designed many pretty girl stamps.You can find almost whole range of these beautiful  Girls stamps here at Lulupu. They can be used on cards too.


For making the background , I've used Tim holtz Tissue wrap, it has wonderful collage image. I adhered it to the box with Mod Podge. And let it dry. Tip: When you make mixed media, if you use Ranger Multimedium or Mod Podge, the base layer does not peel off even after adding many layers. My next application was gesso. You know, how much I love to create texture :) And I had new Wendy Vecchi white embossing paste to play with.....then what to wait for? It is a great product. I am loving it. It is thick, gives very different texture than other embossing pastes. We require it in small amt, does not smudge under stencil. It dries fast and opaque.
I applied it through Memory box Cressida stencil. 
Lulupu has got White, Silver, Gold and Translucent embossing pastes in Wendy Vecchi designer series,
  it is a must try!!
You can use it on Tag, Card or any Mixed media.


The colors on the background are from the cute lil Prima Chalk Inks, I smudged ink on the surface, used baby wipe to spread the colors. 
Many of you, know these inks. They are small and ergonomic i.e. easy to handle, very juicy and quick drying. They are perfect for stamping, for background coloring, for distressing edges, coloring embellishments, can give more dimension to embossed design.
Available in two varieties - Fluid and Resist Chalk Edgers.

Some flowers in my shadow box are from Prima and some are handmade. I wanted to bring on grey, as it is one of the Lulupu color, and I found beautiful grey roses in Prima Hello pastel pack. I've colored my flourishes with white chalk ink.

And here she comes, Paige!!  It is a big size rubber stamp, stamped image is five and half by 4 inches. I stamped it with coffee Archival ink, and got crisp image...Wow!! I colored her skin and flowers around her with Shinhan markers. For her hair I used distress inks.
And you will find complete picture of Shadow box below..




At Lulupu, as much as we promote and sell new wonderful crafty products, we support recycling too. You will be surprised to know that, the box I've used here is a packaging box  in which I received my crafty items!!  I customized it according to my requirement.

Hope,I inspired you with my Shadow box project and
the information I shared would be useful to you!!

Let us see where can you  take your creative flight with these delightful colors!!
Come join us at
Lulupu challenge #33
Inspired by New Lulupu Logo

 Lots of Love
Shilpa


Supplies used:

7 comments:

  1. Lovely shadow box shilpa!! Loved the background and prima bloom girl paige!! Awesome work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shadow box looks lovely, Shilpa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creation Shilpa! Love how you coloured the beautiful image and the flower cluster looks beautiful! The background of the box is awesome! The chalk edgers are sure on my list :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Shilpa you sure are an inspiration--you are tempting me to buy everything you have listed!! Ha Ha a definite asset to Lulupu!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving everything about your creation Shilpa...... The canvas banners, the flower cluster and well the heroine of d show :) the prima stamp that u've so perfectly coloured

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely canvas Shilpa....
    love all the flowers u have put together so beautifully.
    Love the Prima Stamp.....gotta have it !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.