Sunday 15 June 2014

Challenge #33 - Inspired by New Lulupu logo

Hello everyone,
Kripa here,
We are very thankful for the support from all of you since the revamp of our website. If you haven't already checked it out, head over there now, register and get yourself Rs.100 store credit. There are tons of new products from Prima, American Crafts,Ranger, We are Memory, Avery Elle, Ek success and many more.

Let's move on to our next fun Challenge

Lulupu Challenge #33
 Inspired by New Lulupu Logo
(General Guidelines are here


Guidelines for this challenge:

  1.Use minimum 4 colours from the new logo :)


2. Must include a banner or pennant on your creation.  
3. Cards, layouts, mini albums, canvas, altered art all are allowed in this challenge.
4. Most important, enjoy yourself while creating :)
5.Challenge will remain open till June 30th, 11.55p.m.

As always there is a very tempting prize on offer

from the latest American Crafts release as colourful as our new logo!

Lemon Lush 6X6 paper pad and Wanderlust Alpha Stickers


And here is my inspiration for this colorful challenge - a 12X12 scrapbook layout . I worked backwards with this layout. I was very tempted to use lace and so matted the photograph and built up layers behind it.Then, started creating a background for it..... ...... I know, sounds crazy right! Quite obviously, I failed twice and only in my third attempt managed this background. Can you see the colours of grape, blue and yellow and shades of pink from the new Lulupu logo ? Pretty much all the colours are there in my layout except the grey (which is in the photograph)

The two failed attempts taught me heaps about using different mediums and I will share it all with you people. The first thing I did was coat my background with Ranger Multi medium Matte. This dries transparent, so doesn't cover up the pretty pattern and at the same time prepares the paper to take mists and paints. Then I went to town with my favorite Prima and TCW stencils  using a variety of permanent, distress and pigment inks.

Here is another tip when using inks through a stencil or even when stamping. Use a couple of different shades of the same colour or complementary colours to get more dimension. For example in the above pic I first used a light blue ink through my stencil and then went over it with bright pink. Start with the lighter colour and then go over with the darker one. Remember to dry each layer before adding the next.


One final tip - try not to handle the photograph with inky fingers, I managed to get some texture paste and ink on mine and ruined the photograph. LOL. Once my layers of ink were dry, the fun part - texture paste mixed with gold paint. My new favourite embellishment are the Prima Resin shapes - specially the heart. This is my second pack and I cant seem to resist using it on all my projects. I rubbed some gold paint on them using my fingers to highlight the roses.

Stay tuned for more amazing projects from the rest of the design team, meanwhile I hope to have left you inspired in some way.

Supplies used from the Lulupu Store:



13 comments:

  1. Interesting challenge nd inspiration ...will definately participate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shruti. Look forward to seeing your creation.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous layout kripa!! Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems like fun..nice bg Kripa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Layout Kripa..I loved all the colors and how you have used them !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Challenge, would love to participate.
    Also is there specific color shades we have to use, or something similar to the color mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layout is very beautiful Kripa, as always :). Have entered the challenge twice :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning work on the background Kripa! Loads of details in there and you have build it up beautifully! I the pic is so beautiful! love your work :)
    P.s- I get so confused with commenting. Sometimes I think I did and then it dawns on me oh! it was facebook! I tell you this fb..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.