Wednesday 16 January 2013

How to: make a Napkin Fold Card!

Have you entered your project for this month's challenge here at Lulupu yet?
I am having a blast with the theme - "Love is in the air" this month. There are just so many ideas out there and I want to try them all :D But since I had to pick one for this post, I zeroed in on a special fold card.

I don't know about you but I love special fold cards, they are just so much fun to make and gift :)

Here's my napkin-fold card for you (all supplies are linked at the bottom of this post)


I {Heart} Studio Calico Wood Veener shapes.
I used Wood Veener Birds on this card, but there are so many other shapes available at the Lulupu store. My favorites are these butterflies and these super cute tiny people :)




Cool, ain't it? And even though it looks complicated, it is pretty simple to make.
Follow the tutorial below to make your own :)

Napkin Fold Card Tutorial

Start with a 12X12 sheet of pattern paper.

Score at 3" and 9" from left

Turn the paper and score again at 3" and 9" from left.

Now mark at 6" on all sides and score diagonally in diamond shape from each of the 6" mark 
And then score diagonally at each of the 3" mark on all sides.

Here is a little scoring guide of how to go about it.



and this is how it will look

Once you have scored and folded, open the paper back to 12X12 and decorate all the sides with your favorite edge punch, It is not a mandatory step but it adds a lot to the whole view of the card.




Then all you need is some pretty pattern paper to decorate it. I am using the MME - Bright Side 6X6 paper pad {Love it :)}


You could also ink up the edges of all the pieces of pattern paper with walnut distress ink for symmetry and  to add that vintage-y touch.






At the end, I just made a little band to keep the card together.

Note :I started with a 12X12 sheet of pattern paper, but you can actually make this with any square (6X6, 8X8), you will just have to do a little math to figure out the scoring part :)

I hope you try out this fun fold and enjoying making a card for your loved one in this season of love.

Edited: Entering this for the "Fancy folds with love theme" challenge at For the love of crafting challenge#11
{ Love }

13 comments:

  1. This is sooooo b'ful Ujjwal! Loved the tutorial.. I will have to make it tomorrow ... I just hope my supplies that I ordered reaches on time.. I just can't to try this new fold..
    Thanks for the tutorial..

    Priya...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ujjwal I loved this card of yours! The inside of the card is even so beautiful. The woodgrain effect has come out so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg!!..This is so gorgeous..Love the colors..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ! Loved this card and the way you have embellished it !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ujjwal dii this is so awesome , loved the inside on of the card the wood grain effect is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Ujjwal and so inspiring! I sure wanna try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its a gorgeous card Ujjwal ...love both the outside as well as the inside's very much :)...thank you so much for sharing the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a wow card.....my eyes are just popping out....lovely.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card and I am extremely inspired.so much that I CASEd you immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to make this right NOW..it's so inspiring..so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful card ujjwal.
    Thanks for joining us at"For the love of crafting"challenge#11.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! Ever since Ujjwal posted this, I have been in love with this particular fold.. AND, I am making one for my Daughter's birthday! :D Will be fun to share with you when its done..

    ReplyDelete
  13. ujjwal you are doing a great job i saw shweta's card too nice inspiration was taken by her from you good job!!!! all the best!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.