Saturday 12 January 2013

Guest Designer for January - Daksha Popat

Hello there!

Have you entered our challenge yet?! If not.. then Hurry Up!! For all the details about the challenge do check out the January Challenge post and to have your best shot at winning the challenge make sure you follow the rules and go through all the TIPS that the Lulupoohs have shared in the 'How to Win Lulupu Challenges' post!

For the second guest designer of the month we have invited our Challenge winner from last month, the very talented, Daksha Popat. :)

Now, lets hop on to see what she has come up with today to inspire us!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hello friends!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!hope 2013 brings joy and happiness to you all.

I am Daksha, homemaker with two kids, very much crazy about creating art from my childhood. I like to work in different mixed medium and murals. I love to explore new crafts. When I discovered paper crafting , stamping and blogging , my world feels complete. I hope you can see many of my works in the near future……

I am very excited as this is my first post as GD for Lulupu craft lounge.I want to thank karuna & the whole lulupu team for giving me this opportunity.

Now for this month post… theme is 'Love is in the Air' and colour we can choose from red & pink. I have made card using red,pink and white . I made very simple card so more and more new comers like me can also get inspiration to try, and be creative.


I have taken A4 size white card stock on that I gave 2nd layer of red card stock then as third layer I have used small heart pattern paper, distressed on the edges with distress ink. I have used 6 pieces red card stock size 2*2, embossed with heart embossing folder, edges distressed with red ink.


 These 6 pieces I have raised a little with the foam tape .


Three scalloped hearts I have made with spellbinders scallop heart die, then embossed with script embossing folder. These also raised with foam tape. On that I have stitched flower shaped button on each hearts. For letters LOVE YOU & double heart I have used sizzix dies. For emblishment I have used white lace decorated with pearl stickers. I made very simple quilled flowers for decorating scallop heart .stamping done from autumn leaves stamp from stampology.


 Inside I have made a pop up I LOVE U.


Hope you all like the card , waiting for your comments.

LOVE
DAKSHA POPAT

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Love the way you have done the pop-up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and lovely pop up idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Daksha!!! This is so cool!!! The inside and outside of the card are both really good! Great work!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.