Tuesday 13 January 2015

Guest Designer- Sindhu Manokaran plus Tutorial

Hello Friends!!! 
Neha here
I am happy to introduce our guest designer for this fortnight and it's
Sindhu Manokaran
from Colors of my crafty world
She was winner of our previous challenge. Over to Sindhu.....



Hi I am Sindhu Manokaran and I am so excited to do my first GDT post. Thank you Karuna and Lulupu team for this wonderful opportunity.
I am from Tuticorin, Tamilnadu now residing in Mumbai, happily married and blessed with two lovely kids. I have been crafting since my childhood days. Other than drawing my first craft is flower making and making Ganapati idol with different materials. I tried my hands on embroidery, rangoli, sewing and origami. My son's school projects turned me towards papercrafts. "whats new this time" asked by my family and friends drive me to do more and more crafts. 

Now about my card. I have made a trifold book card for the current challenge. 




Flowers and leaves are punched ones. Corners are rounded using corner punch. Sentiment is handwritten.




 I have also kept some space for writing down some wishes. The 3 tier cake was made with MS doily lace punch, swirl and mini heart punch. I just loved it. The balloons are made to pop out by using an acetate sheet.




Gift opening will reveal an accordion fold card for wishes. 




Back side...



Fabric tape is used for banners. I have used more than 15 punches in this card. To complete it, I have further done faux stitching. 
Here is the accordion fold.




Hope you all like my card.

 A short tutorial for this card.
Step 1: Take a 6"*12" CS as a base and 4"*2.75" piece. Score the base card at 0.75". 4", 7.5". Mark 1" from the top in both the middle panel and cut it and 2" from the top in the first panel and cut it. This is to make graduating layers. 




Step 2: It looks like this. Folds like an accordion card. 




 Step 3: Adhere 4"*2.75" piece to first panel and your base is ready. If you want you can stick both the middle panel to make a book or leave it as it is like an accordion card which I have done.




  Wow that was really awesome Sindhu!! What a fabulous take on our current challenge Fancy Fold cards
Thank You so much for sharing your creativity and tutorial with us. 
I Hope her card has inspired you to join in all the fun at Lulupu here
You still have two more days to go!!!!





8 comments:

  1. Thank you Sindhu for sharing the tutorial.......this is a lovely fold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Sindhu!!!! TFS tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card sindhu and thanks for sharing tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your First ever GD post Sindhu ! More than 15 punches thats amazing !! Loved the tri fold card and thanks for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO good to actually "see" you Sindhu!! Love your card...you always make unique and beautiful things!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sindhu that's a wonderful fold...never tried this one...but loved the colors and handmade flowers....thanks for sharing the tutorial...and congrats for being GD ..:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.