Monday 19 January 2015

3D Cupcake Holder using Silhouette Cameo

Hello friends,

Happy Monday to you all. I hope you found some crafting time this weekend to join us in

Lulupu Challenge #45

3D with Dies (or a die cutting machine)
Click here for all the details and rules

Tanvi Shah presented us with a beautiful shadow box + tutorial last week. If you haven't already started making your submission, I hope my project inspires you to try.

This project is another first attempt for me - traditional scrapbooking technique - paper piecing and layering. No inks, or stamps just paper and glue. Also, my first big project using the Silhouette Cameo. Here is a close up, any guesses?

Its a carousel which also doubles up as a cupcake holder. All papers have been cut using the Silhouette cameo -  plain, textured, glitter and pearl cardstock . Its definitely a dream machine, I could never have created this project without this die cutting machine. The cut file for the carousel is from www.svgcuts.com

There is place for 8 cupcakes and the horses are meant to be cupcake toppers. If you look closely, you can see that the horses have been temporarily fixed to the cupcake wrappers using washi tape. They can easily be removed later and inserted into the cupcake.
The top of the carousel can also be removed, there is enough place for a card and a light weight gift.
 
The biggest challenge I faced was what glue to use. After some trial and error, I used a combination of dry and wet glues. Just curious - what glue and brand do you use for projects like this?
 
I hope this post made your Monday a little more inspired 
So, dust those dies or cutting machines, take a leap of faith like I did and share your creation here with us.

Supplies from the Lulupu store
 

10 comments:

  1. OMG !! what a stunner of a project Kripa ..This carousel cupcake holder is simply gorgeous !! What a totally fabulous idea and so beautifully executed !
    I generally prefer wet glue in my projects but the drying time really requires patience ..I have been trying out a variety of glues ..Let see which one i finally settle on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hussena. It took me many hours to put together.

      Delete
  2. gorgeous carousel, i don't have the courage to attempt it even kripa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you do Shylaa. Although its very time consuming, sure to make you very happy at the end.

      Delete
  3. oh my my!! This is absolutely gorgeous 3D project, Kripa. Great use of your Silhouette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton Shilpa. Def couldn't have done it without the Silhouette.

      Delete
  4. This is fabulous Kripa...........so perfect! I like the idea of the cup cake toppers! Admire your patience to do such an elaborate project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tanvi. The horse cupcake toppers are my favourite part of the project.

      Delete
  5. Wow..Such a Wonderful project Kripa !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.