Wednesday 15 April 2015

Guest Designer : Shireen Boddapati - Watercolor Cards

Hello Everyone!

I Loved the theme for this months challenge and I hope that you are having a blast creating with watercolors too! All the details about this months Watercolor challenge can be found here


We have Shireen as our Guest Designer this month and She has been seen in the lulupu challenges for a long time now and has bowled us with her wonderful creations. Lets check out a little more about her and then head over to see the inspiration she has made for us.



1. Tell us a little about yourself and your family.
" Jack of all trades", This line describes me best! As I am outgoing colorful fun loving person who loves to enjoy every moment of life and make the best of it! Well a little more about me, My home town is the orange city Nagpur. I am a Biotech Engineer and did PG in Clinical Research Yes! Science is my another Love apart from crafting. Currently married and settled in Hyderabad. Was working but decided to quit job as soon as I conceived my adorable little boy and now I am a stay at home mommy fully dedicated to this wonderful role of motherhood, also balancing time with my passion for crafts.


2. How did you become interested in crafts and what inspired you to start blogging?
I would say I am crafting all my life right from childhood anything DIY creative projects would grab my interest. Serious crafting began a year ago and it inspired me to go ahead and start a blog, a facebook page for my creations and participate in blog challenges. I am just growing day by day and totally loving it! I'm also a part of Design Team for Crafters Cafe Blog.

3. What are some of your "go-to" supplies for crafting?
Cardstocks, pattern papers, inks, scoreboard and trimmer, stamps, ribbons and laces etc the list is endless for any passionate crafter ;)

4. What is your favorite crafting technique?
SCRAPBOOKING! 

5. How would you describe your crafting style?
I don't wish to repeat my projects I push my limits and always come up with something new each time! Hence I have no apt word to describe my style.

6. How long have you been crafting? 

I have become a serious crafter since last year, I happened to do some projects as a hobby and posted it on facebook for friends to see then received immense appreciation and encouragement from everyone! Since then no looking back and here I am on a platform like LULUPU to share my story! WOW!

7. My signature style?
The use of ribbons, I just cant get my hands off them ;)

8. Who are some of your influences? Who has been your inspiration?
INDIA:  Aola creations by Mallika, Anita Kejriwal, Hussena Calcuttawala, Kavitha from Bits n pieces.
Abroad: Handmade by Odette, Tim Hotlz, and I keep bumping into blogs of many crafters who do wonderful projects.


9. When not crafting , what keeps you busy?
My son Medhansh, cooking is my another passion, I find it like crafting!  ( Don't be surprised! I described earlier that I am a JAck of all trades lol )

10. What are you currently working on?
A huge two part scrapbook album which begins with pregnancy journey, covers birth and the first year of a baby boy on its way!


Thank you Shireen, it was nice knowing more about you. Lets checkout the what Shireen has in store for us.

"Watercolors", The first memory that I associate with this word is childhood. Watercolors were the first medium through which most of us during our childhood played with our creative sides and discovered an affinity towards it! What a wonderful theme for this month's challenge, the ideas are limitless when it comes to watercolors.

This is my inspiration for you all:






This is a simple and sweet card, Please find below the method I used to create it:

Step 1. Take a thick textured white cardstock.





Step 2:  Chose your medium of water color, You can use the traditional ones or distress inks or colorpeps. I chose MAPED Aqua Colorpeps. These are nothing but color pencils , with a stroke of wet paint brush they turn into water colors. Amazing, time saving long lasting easy method !


Step 3: Just draw your desired design with the colorpeps, use a paint brush dipped in clean water and gently stroke on the design as shown in the pic below.





Step 4: Embellish your card with a sentiment like here I heat embossed ," Happy Birthday" with gold embossing powder. A ribbon and some rhinsetones. Tadaa! Its done

Simple isnt it? You can tag along your little loved ones and create such simple cards.

Below is another inspiration:





For this card, I randomly designed with the colorpeps in the background and then doodled over it with my Black Parker Pen. Stamp a sentiment, some embellishments and done! Another simple and fun method to try.


Thank you Lulupu for giving me this wonderful opportunity to be a Guest Designer, I am overwhelmed and I hope I was able to justify the lovely chance given. I am excited, happy and thrilled to be featured here!

Thank you dear Lulupu addicts for reading my post, I hope you guys are #Inspired :)
Happy Crafting! Spread the wings of your imaginations !

Love 
Shireen



Wow, the cards are really pretty and so easy to do!! I definitely want to try the doodled one!! So guys, grab those watercolors and get going!! Enter into the challenge here.

Happy Crafting!
Manu

16 comments:

  1. Glad to know more about you Shireen! (Even I am from Nagpur...would love to meet you the next time you come here.. ;))
    Unfortunately, I am unable to load the card images(trying for sometime now..) ....is this happening with everyone or is it just me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pictures are now working well Suchi!! Sorry about the same!! Go ahead and enjoy Shireen's Fab cards!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for sharing thses inspirations! Gorgeous cards. :)
      P.s: Thanks Manu!

      Delete
    3. Suchi! wow nice to know a fellow craft enthusiast from my hometown :) Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. Hey Hi Shireen! Loved reading about you...I am from Nagpur too! :D
    Well...I am also unable to load the images.... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pictures are now working well Purvi!! Sorry about the same!! Go ahead and enjoy Shireen's Fab cards!!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Manu! Able to see the gorgeous cards now :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome cards Shireen!! loved them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.