Saturday 13 December 2014

Guest Designer - Ankita Dey

Hello Everyone,
Shilpa here,
I am happy to introduce our Guest Designer of this fortnight 
Ankita Dey from the blog Memories Handcrafted blog
Over to Ankita


Hi , Ankita here .I am a Marketing professional. I love crafting and experimenting with different mediums of art . I love to create things which are different and which would leave beautiful memories in someone's life . I love to handcraft memories.My projects are feelings expressed through art and craft .I am still in my learning phase and would love to share with you whatever I have learnt till now. Keep creating and Keep sharing the love of crafting. :)



Thanks to Karuna and Lulupu Team for this honor. This time I played along Lulupu Challenge #43- Inspired by Mood Board and made a Baby Girl Book which has 12 pages for each month .I had lot of fun creating it . I hope you will like it and do stop by my blog to leave some love (memorieshandcrafted.blogspot.in)



I tried to incorporate as many elements possible from the mood board which I’ll list down below later .



Let’s get to the process of making the cover of the chipboard album (I love the shape of the album).I covered the base with DCVW blossom pattern paper and gessoed the edges of the album to give it a nice finishing. I did the same for all the pages as well. 
                            



I have curled the edges of the photo mat and distressed the edges of the same .The birdcage has been embossed with bronze embossing powder.

For fillers I have used flowers from my stash. I have done the border with ranger pearl drops .

I have used lots of laces and ribbons in this project  on someone’s request .This was my first time experimenting with laces .
















My inspirations from the mood board-



I have used loads of laces in my project which was inspired by the dress. 

The beautiful  flower clusters in the mood board  inspired me to use flowers and butterflies and dragon flies to complement them.

My whole project revolves around pink and its different shades which is one of the main elements of the mood board.



I have tried to incorporate all the colors in the mood board .



I hope you like my Baby Book.

3 comments:

Thank you for your comments and feedback.