Wednesday 5 August 2015

An Easel Photo display with Drawer

Hello friends,

Let me start by congratulating the winners of last month's challenge. You can see the winning entries here. We love visiting all of our participant blogs, sharing the joy of paper crafting and look forward to your entries for this month's theme
 
BABY - A little piece of heaven
Click here for the full post and our generic challenge guidelines can be found here.
 
My paper crafting aspiration this year is to try new techniques and styles. When I went through my box of projects, most were mixed media, so for this post, I've tried my hand at a traditional card which involves loads of measurements, both unfamiliar to me.

This what my project looks like.


The pink mat is a magnetic photo mat and can be fixed onto the base paper (music paper) both vertically and horizontally to accommodate any photo layout. This easel drawer photo display would make a perfect gift to new parents, or grandparents to show off adorable new baby wallet size photographs.

The drawer measures 6x6 and has room to accommodate loads of photographs and even a gift. This is the view from the top, with the display lying flat on the box. Because the box was made to a specific dimension, there was a lot of measuring required. The drawer, and base of the card are white medium weight chipboard. The Tim Holtz ruler is perfect for precise measurement and Art Knife by WRMK made cutting chipboard easy.
 
The pattern papers, die cuts, drawer pull and flowers are all Kaisercraft Pitter Patter collection. The banner was cut from left over scraps and the WRMK crop-a-dile punched tiny circular holes just enough to thread a twine.


All the different layers have been popped up using foam tape. Apart from paper flowers, tucked in between the layers is a resin flower . Ive also embossed a stitch stamp around the border of the card.
That's it from me today. I hope you al feel encouraged to try something that not your usual style. You can link your baby theme creations here.

Until next time,
Take care,
Kripa

Materials from the store
Tim Holtz Idea-Ology Design Ruler 12"
Art Knife By We R Memory Keepers
Pitter Patter Kaisercraft Paper Pad 6.5"X6.5" 40/Pkg
Crop-A-Dile Hole Punch & Eyelet Setter
Gold Super Fine Embossing Powder 1oz
 Heat It Craft Tool Europeon Version
VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad 1
Blossoms 1 Resins embellishments
 

5 comments:

  1. Oh Wow Kripa! This is awesome! I always admire your layerin! Love the magnetic photo mat!

    ReplyDelete

  2. What a wonderfully informative post. Absolutely fascinating. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Amazon Coupon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I found your website via Google while searching for a related topic, your website came up, it looks great. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks. click for more

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I recently would want to supply a large thumbs up to the great information you could have here within this post. We are returning to your website for more soon. go to this site

    ReplyDelete
  5. We still cannot quite assume that I made it worse often be kind of staring at the important points seen on your blog post. Our grandkids and i also are sincerely thankful with regards to your generosity plus giving me possibility pursue our chosen profession path. Document information and facts I became of the web-site. official source

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.