Monday 8 September 2014

Mini magazine holder and folders!

Hi everyone!
How has everyone been ?
This is Hussena here :)
 A new month is upon us and we have a very exciting and fun challenge at Lulupu hosted by our extremely talented  DT member, Jaya which is "Anything goes with 3 or more Washi Tapes". So, I'm here to inspire you with my take on our challenge theme. I'll start by sharing some photographs and then going on to explain what I've made, so here goes :

 The mini magazine holder with the folders.
I have made two right now but plan on making more as I definitely will be needing more space to hold my die collection.
I googled for the measurements on how to make a mini magazine holder and there are lot of options out there. I just picked up the one which was easiest to follow. :P
Once I created the base of the magazine holder, I had a lot of fun embellishing it with my favorite Washi tapes and dies.
The pink flower is handmade using Spellbinder's Rose Creations die

 The insides of the folder :


The base of these folders is made from the central panel of the cereal box. I cut out the side portion and scored the middle portion into half to create my folder in which I've stored my dies.

The inside of the folder I covered with a plain white paper and the outside with pattern paper and embellished it with few of my favorite Washi's and a little bit of floral arrangement. I also created a pocket on one side of the folder, in which I could store my dies as shown above.

Supplies used from www.lulupu.com :

10 comments:

  1. WoW! love this...why wouldn't I ??? Lovely way to store dies and I have loads of cereal cartons...Thanks for sharing, Hussena.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! Its Gorgeous..Loved the idea of folders and amazing reusing ;) !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb idea Hussena!! Love the rose so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ladies for the appreciation :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creation....loved the flower n whole arrangement.... Grt idea...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous makeover, Hussena!! Subtle and elegant colors.. with those mesmerizing flowers, Love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the colours and the the way youve embellished it. Such a beautiful folder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are genius Hussena! Love love this project <3 ..Your sense of art and colour combos is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.