Friday 5 September 2014

Memories Box with Washi Tape

Hello Beautiful Crafters,
Shilpa here,
Hope you are liking our Lulupu Challenge # 37
Anything with Washi
And you must have enjoyed fabulous video tutorial by my mixed media expert teammate Jaya, if not pls watch it here.
Today its my turn, to post a inspiration project with washi tape. and I have come up with  'Memories Box'


Lulupu has the huge and beautiful collection of Washi tapes. You can find them all here. 
Few ideas - how you can use washi tapes in your craft....

  • Use creatively on your cards
  • Make book marks
  • Apply washi tapes on Gift bags/ envelopes
  • Decorate your journals/ Memory books
  • Make embellishments - Banners, small flags, cloth pins decoration, or on binder pins
  • Recycle jars, tins with just applying different varieties of washi tapes
  • Can use them on tea light
  • Make personalized gift sets 
Use your imagination and show your best way to use Washi

Let's move on to my project


I adhered  3-4 washi tapes on my white box. Washi tapes are non - permanent adhesives, and to make it permanent I coated the box with Mod podge. I love texture..love!  I created it with crafters workshop stencil and Wendy Vecchi embossing paste. I colored the textured designs with Gelatos. I applied pink color at the edges with Prima chalk Edgers.


Next I worked with this super gorgeous paper pad from Kaisercraft- Confetti   All papers in this collection are fascinating. I cut them to size required with my We are Memory Trim and score board. I made some tags too. I distressed edges with Comfort distressing tool and created layers with them by attaching foam tabs underneath.
Flowers and brads are from Prima


I decorated the inside box flap with  paper layers, Prima resin clock and flowers.


Hope you liked my project with washi.

You can link up your projects here.
Pls read the rules, it is always painful for us to remove beautiful entries becoz they do not follow rules.

Here they are for Lulupu challenge # 37
1.You have to use minimum of three different washi tapes in your project.
2. Twist- Incorporate ATLEAST one  geometric shape in your project. It can be anything a circle, rectangle or square. The shape/outline  of your creation will not be considered whatever it is.
OR
Use ATLEAST one ready made embellishment in your product. It can be anything like resin embellishment, Chipboard pieces, metal embellishments or just flowers. Whatever you use, it has to be 'ready made'
3.Anything goes for this challenge. You can create a card, layout, altered item or whatever you wish to!
4. The linkup for this challenge will remain open till 15th September 2014, 11:55 IST so get in your entries latest by then.
Lots of Love
Shilpa 

7 comments:

  1. Wow Shilpa!! This box has become more interesting than the inside goodies.. :) Awesome!! Top of the box is beautiful...Superb colors....gift it to me yaar... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful box Shilpa!!! love the way you have used different washi tapes to decorate box!!! Box top looks gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!Love this box Shilpa! You have transformed it beautifully. I am so in love with the gorgeous layering on the top of the box. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Shilpa this is awesome!!! Love it.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soo Pretty !! I loved the yummy colors..the top layering is so Beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful box Shilpa!! Yes,as you've listed the use of washi tapes, they are very helpful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.