Friday 26 September 2014

Mixed Media Card With Black,White and Rose

Hello Beautiful Crafters,
Shilpa here,
My all Lulupu team members have created amazing projects to inspire you for our 
And I believe you liked our theme of this fortnight too, Already we have beautiful entries, you still have time till 30th September, to link up your projects. It should be card, Layout or Tag

I made Mixed Media Card with this theme. And With Black and White, I've chosen Rose color.


I'll explain the process of making this card.


You will find white circles in the background, I created them with Sakura Modelling paste and Crafters workshop Circle grid template. Next I used Alpine Ice Magicals from Lindy's stamp Gang. I took very little amt of Magicals powder and added water in to that. I created drips on my card, and let color flow to get watercolr background. I made some splatters with the same rose color.


Next, I adhered torn pieces of text paper from Lemon Lush (gorgeous paper pad) at two three places on the card. At the edges I applied little bit of  Dina Wakely gesso. I  love the smoothness it gives as a base for surface. My new favourite Gesso :-)  yes I use tons in my mixed media work.
As you know mixed media is all about layers, I created next layer with stamps and Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink, it is best, works on all surfaces. Lulupu has brought new wonderful textured stamps, you can find them here. I've used Almanac Cling Rubber Stamp,
I created some more texture with Crafters workshop specimen stencil and Black Soot distress ink
And again splatters of rose color...... my background is ready.


 Wonderful butterflies are from Penny black Social Butterfly set, aren't they beautiful. I stamped them with ranger black Archival ink, fuzzy cut them and adhered on the card. Sentiment is also from same stamp set. I've used Spellbinder's Tag 3 to cut the banner. I colored it with rose magicals at the edges.

Hope you liked my mixed media card, make something with this unusual color combination.

Lots Love
Shilpa




10 comments:

  1. it is really a wonderful project shilpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its Gorgeous..loved the rose color and the lovely layering of textures,pp !

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card shilpa .. Love the soft pink against the black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful...The subtle rose color suits so well with black and white !

    ReplyDelete
  5. super duper gorgeous Shilpa, I am absolutely in love with your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous this is shipla di..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is simply fabb , love yur style n textures , you make it sound so interesting ....

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card. Love the design n the butterfly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.