Monday 28 April 2014

A Memorable Trip!

Hi friends!
Hope the Indian summer is treating you all kindly because Kolkata seems to be in midst of a major heat wave :( Hot days followed by hot nights and no relief  from the heat. But, putting the weather aside most of you must be looking forward to the upcoming summer break with your near and dear ones :)

We, at Lulupu have a very interesting challenge for this fortnight which is Vacation/Travel/Holidays - Only LO Theme for our Challenge #29. With this month nearly coming to an end, you just have two more days to join in the fun. So, I really hope to see your creative approach to this challenge.
Here's what I have created :

My LO is based on my parent's first international trip to the U.S.A to meet my brother and his family. 

Some more views of the layout with a little bit of journaling done :


A little bit about how I made this. For the base, I first took a 300gsm white cardstock and stuck my pattern paper over it. Then, I used the Sakura Modelling paste and TCW Hexagons Stencil on the two corners of my LO to create the hexagon background. Most of the bright, cheerful die-cuts used on my LO are from the KaiserCraft Snap! cards which I have fussy-cut and stuck on my LO with 3D Foams tabs to give it a little bit of dimension. The flowers are all die-cut using Spellbinder's die and I have used brads on the centre of my flowers. Added a little bit of journaling on a removable tag

That's it from my end. Hope you like my LO and inspires you to play along our current challenge. You still have 2 more days to go and there are some awesome prizes to be won.

Supplies used from www.lulupu.com :



11 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout Hussena! Love those soft colors and all those flourishes and flowers add such a great touch to the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A LO from Hussena ...Wonderful !! Loved the fresh colors and trademark Hussena Blooms :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout hussena! Loved the bg..blooms and the sign post..nice idea. .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely LO, Hussena :) As always blooms are so pretty and of course the soft colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh..Hussena..u r superb as usual...no words..
    Shoma
    artbugindia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing Layout Hussena. I just love how you have incorporated blue skies with blue flowers. And that signboard looks adorable. Its inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous LO Hussena. Love the fresh colours n that sign post is what I liked most.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very beautiful Hussena :) loved the flowers n colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Layout Hussena!! Love the way-finder banners u used for the title! The blooms are so so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful layout!!! love the flowers and colors you used

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so so much each and everyone of you for all the encouraging comments :).Made my day :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.