Saturday 5 April 2014

Summer Fun! :)

Hi friends and fellow crafter's!
Well, summer seasom has started in full swing in India and most of you  are hopefully enjoying the mid session break holidays with your children, like me :)
And, what's more this time at Lulupu, we have a totally fun summer themed CAS card challenge where we are asking you to create a CAS (Clean and Simple) card based on the inspiration colours from the picture below and we want to see you people create cards which depict the summer season. It can be anything like Summer fruits -like watermelons, strawberries, Summer drinks, Shakes, Picnic themed cards, beach themed cards, cards depicting a park, sunglasses, the summer heat, ice-creams, coolers.. The list is just endless!

But, do remember that while you create the summer theme, you HAVE to incorporate atleast THREE colours from our inspiration picture and/or more than 3 colours are welcome. But, you have to work ONLY with the colours given in the palette and neutral colours that is White, Black and Kraft are ofcourse allowed.

Now, that we have got all these points cleared, let me show what I have created for this challenge theme!


I have chosen to work with Light pink, Dark pink, Yellow and Orange colour form the photo inspiration and on a embossed kraft base of the card I have placed a white embossed panel and created an ice-cream cone. Isn't it the perfect summer treat to cool off ?! :)
My sentiment banner is created with a piece of vellum strip on which I have heat embossed the sentiment and coloured it using Mustard Seed Distress ink and using two different stamp sets, then secured the base of it using brads.
The scoops of  ice-cream, I have created using three different colored cardstocks and a circle die for the upper round part but you can also use punches for this  and a scallop square die/square punch  for the bottom part and after I cut out those shapes, I embossed it with the Provocraft/Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder and voila I got three different flavoured scoops of ice-cream on to my cone :D

Here's a look at the inspiration picture to remind you of the colour palette!

I hope you all play along this fun challenge. There's a chance for you to win a super cute Micia stamp from our store :)
I would love to hear your thoughts about my card as CAS is so not my forte so I would really appreciate it if you could do drop in a line! :)
Have a nice day everyone!
Supplies used from ww.lulupu.com :



11 comments:

  1. wow!!! its so lovely...love ur card..thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty card Hussena..love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy card, Hussena, Perfect inspiration for challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. slurp!! slurp!!...hehehe...Totally Yummmy card Hussena..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very tempting: ) perfect inspiration!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card, Hussena. Love it.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card....Loved the yumminess..:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool card Hussena!! Lovely colours and it has such a summery feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have done the scoops so well Hussena,,really lip smacking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a surprise package and nailing each kind of card.I always associated you with all beautiful ornate kind of cards and you foxed me with this one.Love the techniques you used to make this one.Complete genius you are.Proud of you my friend.well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh triple scoop, I am done for, Hussena! Fabulous summery card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.