Tuesday 15 April 2014

Challenge # 29 - Vacation /Travel/ Holidays and New DT

Hi Friends,
Karuna here,
Thanks for joining us at Challenge #28. I am excited about our new challenge and more over for a fabulous new Design Team member who has been wowing us with her perfectly awesome creations in many of the previous Lulupu challenges. She has a versatile way of working in her projects and I personally enjoy her layouts a lot.

Please Welcome

Jaya!!

Hello everybody!!
Thank you so much Karuna and Team Lulupu! Friends, this is Jaya here. I am a dentist by profession and a crafter since my childhood. I love to try and experiment with all kinds of paper crafting and altered art creations. Its been almost two years since I started a blog and in the two years I have learnt a lot from all the talented ladies out there. It all started when I first came across Lulupu online shop and today I am so glad to be a part of the design team of Lulupu-The Craft Lounge! I hope I can inspire you all throughout my term with The Lulupu team!

I welcome you all to our brand new challenge for the fortnight. 

 Lulupu Challenge #29
 Vacation/Travel/Holidays - Only LO Theme
 
So this time you have to show us your Layouts based on Vacation/Travel /Holidays. Roll back to see what you did last summer or scrap about what you wish to do this time!

Challenge #29 Qualification guidelines-
{General guidelines here}
1. Create a layout ( only layouts will qualify) of size 8"x8" or a larger one if you would like .
2. The theme of your layout must be based on vacation/travel/ holidays.
3. Must showcase LAYOUTS only with coordinating theme.
4. The inlinkz for this challenge will close on April 30th 2014 11:55 PM IST so make sure to link up before that. 

Here is what the winner of the challenge will receive from Lulupu ...


On The Move Collectables Die-Cuts


and this perfectly cordinated washi tape :)

Bicycle Japanese Washi Tape




Don't you love this crafty goodness matching with our challenge theme?
Then do participate to be in the chance of winning.

Here is my project for inspiration


This is a Road Trip Vacation layout. The picture is one of my favourite and so I decided to scarp it! My layout is 12"x12" size. For the initial background I made use of Sakura Gesso and  misted at random with the Lindy's starburst sprays and Flat Fabios. I Also made use of the Lindy's Mad Hatter Magicals. I cannot seem to overcome my obsession with Lindy's stamp gang products now! Try them and I am sure you will end up using them in all thing you make. Very addictive! Once it was dry I did some stamping with black archival ink .





I  also used stencils and inks on the background. Then using Sakura modelling paste mixed with black acrylic paint I did some stencilling to give extra textures .The raised effect really looks gorgeous in real!
Once my background was done, all that was left was arrangement of the picture and the pattern papers. I also made use of canvas papers and washi tape to make the layers stand out. I used some die-cuts , wood veneers, glossy accents ,acrylic paints, thread as well.



 I did some faux stitching all along the borders, lots of paper distressing with my favourite tool by Prima and some  Lindy's mist and paint splattering too . Doesn't that look cool!
Hope you like my layout
Waiting for your comments and submissions to 

Lulupu Challenge #29
 Vacation/Travel/Holidays - Only LO Theme
Thank you and have a Great crafty week! 



Supplies used:



14 comments:

  1. Amazing hues !! Fantabulous project..and congos Jaya!!! Wish you all the very best....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Jaya...nice to see you here! The LO has so manycelements...loved the layering for the photos...and a challenging challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rupa! do come and join in the fun :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats Jaya ! Happy to see you joining Team Lulupu :) I loved your travel Lo.specially the bg with mist !

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see you here, Jaya. Welcome to the team! Your layout looks just gorgeous. Each and every detail so well-thought of and love the colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Jaya. That's a fab layout. Luuuuv d backgrd d colour combo and d photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful multidimensional layout, Jaya! Love that teal and blue color combo!!
    Welcome to a team Lulupu !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats jaya,,,,lovely layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Jaya, Incredible layout with such rich colors and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool! I also made some stuff like that. I will share my creations with you sometime. Thanks for sharing.


    Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Jaya
    Appreciate your work and you really hold talented skills and mind power. will try in next to next vacation. in upcoming vacation on plan to visit Canada on basis of Travel visa and we already applied for that by services of Permits and Visas.

    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great!!! Nice tips.It's a very easy and useful.Thanks for sharing.

    SyncVisas

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.