Saturday 29 October 2016

Guest designer- Anushree

Hi everyone,

Sindhura here. Happy Diwali! May you all have a great time celebrating the 'Festival of lights' with family and friends. Here is what I would like to wish everyone... 'Go green and stay safe!'

We usually take an off on Saturdays and Sundays but today I bring to you a rather festive post. :) 

We have Anushree guest designing for us and she has lovely projects to share with you all.

Anywhere will take the post further from here... She also answered some questions to help us know her better.
____________________________________________

Hi everyone! This is Anushree and today I am so happy to be on Lulupu blog,Here's little about myself....

1. Tell us a little about yourself and your family.

I live in Bangalore,India with my husband and two beautiful daughters aged 6 and 2.I am a professional crafter who quit her well paying job 10 years back and jumped in this deep ocean of crafting...since then each day dedicated to family and crafts.I run my hobby studio in Bangalore in the name of " WORKSHOPEASE" where we train numerous interested people in various Indian and international crafts.

2. How did you become interested in crafts and what inspired you to start blogging?

Although I was crafting since i was a small girl,till date I have tried my hands on almost all crafts,have trained numerous craft lovers but paper crafting ,card making and mixed media works started with making some birthday invitations for my daughter in 2014,to Pinterest,to teaching this beautiful art form and finally to the world of blogging..i have been hooked ever since and precisely been making cards and mixed media projects for two years now.All the rest of my hobbies have taken a back seat !


3. What are some of your "go-to" supplies for crafting?

I love my Sizzix Big Shot,Martha Stewart scoring board, Rangers heat tool, Rangers gold embossing powder(one of my favorites) , how can i forget my distress inks...my very first buys since i start card making, handmade flowers for which i am just crazy abt....lot of metal charms and yessss my Finnabair modelling paste with super awesome Lindy's sprays.


4. What is your favorite crafting technique?

My favorite techniques are distressing and wet embossing.I also love using various mixed media techniques with spray works.


5. How would you describe your crafting style?

My crafting style is CAL and what makes my cards and mixed media projects unique is that i always try to make my designs meaningful.I also love to explore different products and techniques to make cards,boxes,mini books and projects for home decor. Besides card making,i often try my hands on paintings,fabric flowers and decoupage.

6. How long have you been crafting?

Honestly its been more than 20 years of crafting,I was always very keen in crafts so started early...Card making and Scrapbooking I have started just two years back and blogging few months back.

7. My signature style

Some wet embossing,some mixed media tricks, my handmade flowers combined with glitters,pearls and enamel dots.

8. Who are some of your influences? Who has been your inspiration?

My husband is my inspiration...yeahh sounds cheesy but honestly i would never have been here if he would not be there inspiring me each day...then i always have two beautiful sweet admirers for my work..my daughters...what else i need in this world to inspire me...I admire international artist like Gabrielle Pollacco and Debby Hughes, Few Indian Artist like Rajni Chawla and Kavitha have always inspired me.

9. When not crafting , what keeps you busy?

My family keeps me busy...I have small kids and I try doing maximum things for them myself including cooking and spending loads of time with them.I mostly craft when they all off to sleep or they are in office and school.

10. What are you currently working on?

I am currently working on some Diwali projects for a client,also upcoming will be another guest design post for few other blogs.

Here goes my GDT post for the blog,

Yes its Diwali around,my family's favorite festival...lot of work at home for all of us,right from cleaning of the house to shopping for new clothes,diyas,lights and lot of mithais and gifts...one major challenge we all face is packing the gift items.

So this time i thought how about packing the gifts on our own and adding our own personal handcrafted touch.So my today's post is how to make quick Diwali gift bags and a Diwali card.


Attaching few close ups of the project,











 Lets start now with gift bag first,I bought a patterned paper and started making a easy gift bag following some Youtube videos.I finished making that in next 10 minutes,now I wanted to add some personal touch to it so I pasted a paper doily to the front base of the gift bag.Then i took my flower stamp and memento ink and stamped flower on the paper doily by following Overlapping masking techniques.

Overlapping masking technique : In this technique I stamped the same flower first on the paper doily and then on paper sticky notes,i cut out that flower on paper sticky note by fussy cutting.Now i placed that sticky note cut out on my first stamped image on the doily and stamped the flower again overlapping both on right and left hand side.I have stamped the leaves also by following same technique .

I have stuck some of my handmade flower on the edge of stamped image.These flower i have taken cutouts of flower petals and dabbed them with Inka gold.Once the gold color dried ,I have shaped petals using my flower shaping ball tool.Embellished these flower with pretty shiny green leaves which i took out from my stack.

For the sentiment i have used red card stock as base Die cut and did wet embossing with gold embossing powder.

I have also attached a pretty tag with the bag where the circle is a die cut and again i have done wet embossing with gold powder for the girl image on vellum sheet.Tied it with the golden ribbon to the bag.Also attached small metal embellishment at the bottom right of the bag.

I have also tried making a quick Diwali card with same wet embossing technique and then adding the sentiment by stamping with black archival ink on a die cut.

This was really quick...i finished both my projects in 30 min...so you can ,so what to wait for...start now...Below is the list of supplies I have used for both the projects.


1.Patterned paper,Paper doily,Red ,White and Silver card stock
2. Rangers gold embossing powder,Black archival ink,Memento lady bug
3.Penny black petal party,Penny black sealed with a kiss,Peek a boo Diwali sentiment
4.Penny black Dahlias,Joy craft floral flourishes
5.Viva Inka gold,Versafine watermark stamp pad

All the supplies are available with www.lulupu.com

I really enjoyed doing these,hope you also enjoyed. Please leave some love on the blog, also feel free to ask any queries.

Thanks Team Lulupu for giving me this awesome opportunity.

Have a nice day!!

Anushree

_____________________________________________

Thank you, Anushree!  It was a pleasure having you as our guest.

That's all for today. See you soon... take care!

Sindhura.








1 comment:

Thank you for your comments and feedback.