Friday 21 November 2014

Desk Organizer - Mixed Media Project

Hello Everyone,
Shilpa here,
We have wonderful theme for this fortnight. 

Gift set means 'Card with matching box, gift bags with tags, Easel card and box, Altered notebook/matching stationary and etc'

When ever we want to make gift for someone, we think about that person, how she is, what she will like, which colors make her happy etc.
And I made this Desk Organizer for my angel doctor. She is retired now, but I love to meet her. And because of old age many times she does not find her pen and paper at a place. And She has lot of interest in art and colors. So here it is- Desk Organizer for my Angel Doctor



It has 4 holders. There is lot of space for pens, papers, colors, pencils etc. Ohh yes...you can see my Faber Castell goodies here. Doesn't it look good?
 I also made tag , that goes along with gift,


Here are some more pictures


It all started with empty tape rolls. I adhered design paper on it with Modge Podge. Applied gesso at some places. I used Prima White Sand texture paste and Memory Box stencil  to create texture.
When it dried completely, I spritzed Lindy's Stamp gang inks in various red and blue colors.
I colored Prima resin frame with same blue color and applied silver glitter with Prima soft gel medium.
 I made flowers with Spelbinders Rose creation die. I also adhered red glass beads and red glitter for decoration. Cute bird at the top is wood veneer piece, colored with inks. 


Recently, I found this fantastic glue at Lulupu - Aleene's Turbo Tacky Glue, it is fast drying and stronger. It is my new favourite crafty tool.





Thats it for today.
Come join us for this fun challenge. Make a festive gift for your near and dear ones, we would love to read the story behind your creation. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today.


Supplies used:

5 comments:

  1. I love the colors and this is just gorgeous Shilpa, I am sure the recipient of this gift will love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous set ! I loved the the texture n colors , Wonderful transformation of the tape roles :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just had to come over from FB to have a closer look - this is fabulous Shilpa, I love the design and the colours you have used for this very useful and beautiful gift! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous gift set Shilpa ..The way you have altered the tape rolls to create these pen holders is just fabulous !!..Love the textures and colors you have used ..I am sure this gift will really be cherished by your Doctor :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic job Shilpa! Beautiful mixed media project here! Can't tell they are tape rolls!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.