Tuesday 14 May 2013

Layering & Paper piecing - A Layout!

Hello good people :)

Have you checked out this month's challenge yet? Mother's day is already over and Father's day will be here soon. With Father's day theme for this month's challenge, we are helping you get ready well in time. :)

For the second part of this month, the design team is focusing on "Maximizing pattern papers" and I picked the two very popular techniques with pattern papers - Layering & Paper piecing for the inspiration today.

We'll be making a layout step by step while talking about it. So sit back and relax and maybe grab a cuppa coffee :)

Before I start, I just want to let you know that I am more of  a clean-and-simple-less-is-more kinda a girl and layering is as tough for me as any of you but we are gonna give it a try today anyways and see how it comes about :)

Since the challenge theme is all about Dads this month, I thought it would be apt to make a layout with a picture of my daughter and husband.


Once I decided on the picture that I wanted to scrap about, the next step was to pick my papers and I found the perfect one in the Prima Zypher Paper Pad. The bright yellow flowery pattern complimented the picture really well. I also picked this large journaling die cut from the K&Company Sweet Nector Die cuts pack. And I layered these two on another sheet of 12X12 DCWV green plaid pattern paper.

Next I layered my picture on another bright paper from the Welcome to Paris Prima Pad to make it pop on the layout.



And then I pulled out more of my favorite die cuts and figured out what I want.

Please note that nothing is glued down yet. We are just playing and determining what goes where :)



Once I was satisfied, I started putting everything together one by one.
Before I stuck my first layer, I randomly punched the edges of the Prima paper using the EK Success open scallop punch for more interest :)


Once every thing was glued down, I pulled out some ribbon and made some tiny little pennants, supaah fun and cute :)



So far so good :)

Now is the time to paper piece and make some embellishments for the layout.
So I picked my ever favorite Micia Stamp - You are special and paper pieced the smallest flower. Since my background is already so busy,  I decided on simple and few embellishments.



After the stamping the flowers, I fussy cut them and then treated them with a little bit of glimmer mist to give them some shine.

And then I added them to the layout after adding pearl centers to them. And that is it. I just added the title and the journaling and the layout was all done. Here's how the final layout looks :)



What do you think? Did it inspire you in any little way? I hope you are able to pick up a few little things from this post and give this month's challenge a try.

See ya soon again!

6 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty layout Ujjwal and so so refreshing! You make things look so easy girl! You li'l one is gng to love each of these when she grows up!

    ReplyDelete

  2. this is so pretty! and what a fabulous idea and so quick too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layout Ujjwal...its amazing...all the pieces fit in so perfectlyy...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an gorgeous LO Ujjwal Each and every detail is so well balanced here... Especially loved your Pic what an beautiful moment captured on camera and now preserved so beautifully through you LO :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this!Your step by step tutorials are always great.I love how the random placement of those flowers totally changed the whole page.Neat!.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful journal :) and the layout also

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.