Tuesday 23 April 2013

Die cutting with washi tapes!

Hello there,

This month we, at Lulupu.com are highlighting Washi Tapes and what all you can do with them. Personally I love washi tapes for their versatility. Use them on cards, layouts, upcycled projects and/or just about anything. They stick to almost all surfaces and make everything look pretty :)

Lulupu has the largest collection of washi tape designs in India and so no surprises that I own quite a few of them.

For today's project, I decided to try die-cutting with washi tapes and it turned out super cool. I basically created these cute little 3X3 mini cards with a couple of my current favorite washi tapes. I picked Classical Black Rose washi tape and Love Silver & Red Japanese washi tape for today's project.



I started by adhering the washi tapes to a scrap sheet of paper, alternating the two patterns. This helped me create a unique pattern. I then used the scrap sheet of paper covered in washi goodness just like any other pattern paper and using Cherry Lynn Exotic butterfly dies (by the way, Lulupu has a great range of beautiful dies too), I cut some beautiful butterflies. And I saved the negative too :)

For the first one here, I simply raised the butterfly using foam adhesive and added some red rhinestones to the butterfly center.



For the second card, I used the negative piece left from die-cutting. I added  a black glitter sheet from behind and some rhinestones to the center for a super pretty bling card.

For the third card, I used the negative from a scallop circle that I had cut sometime back and used it as the base of the card. Then I adhered the washi tape butterfly using foam adhesives to the center.


And there you have it. Quick, simple and pretty little note cards ready in your stash to add to gifts or slipping in a little note maybe :)



Supplies from Lulupu.com





4 comments:

  1. SUPERB!! Love the colors and how innovatively uv used the washi tapes!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome.Love the butterflies and the striking black,white and red combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ! Fabulous colors n pattern combo ! Loved the mini cards a lot !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful Ujjwal!! and love how all three cards have beautiful variations!!
    http://kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.