Monday 12 September 2016

One stampset, Five ways : Stripes

Hello everyone,
     Riswana here with you today. We crafters always want to make the most out of our supplies right? Today I'll be sharing five different ways to use Stripes stamp sets.. I've used Mudra's Play with lines stamp set here.

Create Backgrounds:
          These lines stamps make it super easy to build a background..
I used Mermaid lagoon distress ink on the broadest stripe stamp, misted with water & stamped on a watercolor paper to get this distressed splotchy BG..

Make your own Patterned Paper:
           Yes.! you can make you own PPs with these cool stamps. You can use them as backgrounds, fussy cut & paper piece or any other way you like.!

I took a red cardstock & created a classic Buffalo plaid Pattern with Black soot DI. I like to use distress inks because they react with water, so I can smoothen out any area if needed. Also in this particular pattern, I added more black color at the intersection of lines to bring out more contrast.!
I love the masculine look of this card..


Here's another plaid pattern, this time with more colorful lines.. It may look complicated but it's actually very simple if you stick to the pattern & stamp in the same order.
I prepared my solid stamps with versmark ink & stamped on a scrap piece of paper to remove off some ink & then used distress inks to stamp the lines. this way the lines are less splotchy & more crispy. I've used Spun Sugar, Tumbled gass, Squeezed lemonade, Twisted citron distress inks.

Create Textures/Grid
         You can create grungy textures & grids with the stamp which has about six thin lines close by.. Here's a Clean And Simple card..


I got this idea as I was analyzing a Patient's ECG.! Talk about getting inspiration from everywhere lol.! I used Tumbled glass DI to get that subtle grid pattern & drew some waves with a black fine liner pen.. You can use browns & blacks to get a more grungy looking grid..

Make Borders:


I've used the stamp with stripes to create a cool border for this otherwise colorful card. It balances the design as well as the colors on the rest of the card..

A stamp positioning tool will be of immense help especially when it come to these types of stamps. But not to worry if you don't have one. You can use regular acrylic blocks to achieve beautiful results too :) I used a plain block without any grid on it & still managed to get through this ;)

That's all from me today. Hope you liked my projects and that they have inspired you to make innovative use of your stamps & make the most out of them..  Please do lemme know your comments and feedback.

Do check out our ongoing challenge HERE.

Supplies used:
Mudra Play with lines stamp set
Distress Ink Spun sugar
Distress ink Squeezed lemonade
Distress ink Tumbled glass
Distress ink mermaid Lagoon


Create. Have fun.
Rhiz.

8 comments:

  1. These are great ways of using the stripe stamps. Thanks for sharing the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards Rhiz! Love how you got the perfect plaid patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Rhiz....mine set is coming this...will try it....

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..the strips stamp set seems to be versatile as strips never go out of style !! I loved your cards Rhizwana each one of them has fresh look and my fav is the one with grid inspired by ECG ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful cards Rhizwana !! love the heartbeat card the most..and thanks for the tip about Versamark and stamping with Distress inks !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHoa!! A series of beauties!! You used up stripes very well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stripes , loved all the cards

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.