Monday 17 March 2014

Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout

Hello and Welcome Beautiful Crafters,
 Shilpa here,
First of all, I would like to thank you all for overwhelming response to Lulupu's 2nd Birthday Celebration!! 
and
Challenge # 27
Lulupu 2nd Birthday Special

Today I am presenting you a Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout, which is made for our
 'Boss' - Karuna, with her and her dear Junior Moose's photo on it! ( just kidding, she is a lovely lady.)
And here it is..


When I was thinking what colors to use on a layout my starting point is the photo. Is there a palette I can use? Yes there is - Pink, peach, red and light green. You will find those are the colors, I've used to create a Layout.
If you stuck with which colors to choose for any creation, you can search on net,
I find these two websites very useful - Design seeds and Pinterest.
Caution - They are very addictive :-)


I've used a Mixed Media paper from Prima,for the base, which is new in the Lulupu store with fab designs. They are sturdy to take any abuse, which works perfectly for me, as I love to use lot of mediums.
You know, how much I like texturing. So to make a background I've used Sakura modelling paste and stencil. I've applied the Lindy's flat fabio ink with my brush(didn't not spritzed), which gave me a control of ink's movement. I also stamped with the  Archival ink and text stamp. You can see this at the top right corner of LO.


The next layer is with American Craft's XoXo collection pattern papers. I distressed the edges with Comfort Craft Distressing tool (a must have for any crafter)


The chipboard letters are colored with acrylic paints. I've used lot of Prima Sugar dots on the background.


The center circle is created with white paper rope.
Embellishments - Most of the flowers are from Prima, others which are handmade are colored with LSG starburst sprays. Some diecut flourishes added the beauty. They are colored with Memento Dew drop Inks.

Let's see which are the letters I've used
L- Layers, Lindy's sprays, leaves


P - Pink and peach colors, Pattern papers, Prima flowers, Prima sugar dots, paper rope, punches, pearls, pollens
T- Texture paste,
C- Chipboard letters,Cheery lynn dies

Hope I've inspired you to create a layout for someone you love and care.
 I always like to here what you think...
Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Lots of Love,
Shilpa
 

Materials used:


12 comments:

  1. WOW what a precious creation. I am a big dog lover and I would love to see Karuna's face when she sees this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doc!! Yes I was beaming myself. It's guest lo where I have seen my own pic :)

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely photo enhanced by your work Shilpa! Loved the colors you have used and the paper rope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwww...Shilpa...Such a prettiest creation..Sure Karuna gonna treasure this...such prefect blend of all embellies, colors, papers, textures..Love Love Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a marvellous layout !! Beautifuly coloured and detailed. And I love that picture of Karuna and her doggie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely picture and layout shilpa..love the way you used paper rope around photo as frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a gorgeous LO, Shilpa! I really like the way you have crated the focal point around Karuna's picture with all the beautiful flowers and embellishments and used the paper rope to create the frame. What a fabulous idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply fabulous. Suchha soft and nice composition. Love the flower cluster and choice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Shilpa! am surely touched and humbled :) though am not sure about the "Boss" part :D but i love the LO. its my first with my OWN pic! Loved it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow !! What a loely Lo with lovely snaps n beautiful details !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww....this is super gorgeous Shilpa
    loved the composition and color combo...:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. woow..!!! what a creation... lovely colors n gr8 layout...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.