Monday 10 March 2014

How To - Family - Shadow box Tutorial

Hello ! Ola ! Namaste !
Welcome to another post from me, Pooja!
I am very pleased to present to you my mixed media shadow box for


Yooo hooo ! We are celebrating Lulupu's 2nd birthday !
And there are some amazing prizes to be won !
Check out the original post here for the full details of the challenge
Also look at the line up of prizes here

There are 3 categories to play for ! so just remember to link them at the right place !

Well for me i decided to go for 
Category -3 ~ Everything else ! 

Here is my mixed media shadow box  
 



Today i have s start to finish tutorial on how i made this shadowbox. 
*Caution - PICTURE HEAVY!! ONCE U START THERE IS NO TURNING BACK* 

This is how i used my letters 

L- Layering , lindy's stamp gang mists 
P-  Pink mist, Prima butterfly & flower, Punches, Prima stencil .
C - Cardstock , Clocks
T- Texture paste
 I first started with a handmade shadow box. its about 8X8 approx.
Made of cardstock.
 I then applied some texture paste on to it . Using a mask. 
Let it dry for a while , If u have a heat gun USE IT !
After that go play with your mists ! I have used a lot of Lindy's stamp gang mists ! 
We are giving away a few bottles to the winners this challenge :D 
so go play !

With all that misting dry , go ahead and layer your pieces . 
I am using this die cut that i had Its totally like a hanging sign. 
I had cut it with some left over packaging material.
I used gesso over it , for that vintagy look. 

I then layered my Sentiment on top of the frame. 
There is a bit of distressing involved !
 Then comes in my stamped and die cut clocks and flourish. 
Over which i decided to layer all the flowers :) 
since i went diagonal on the misting , i decided to fill the flowers into the white spaces. 

Here are a few close ups of the embellishments.

 And that's the final look !

 Hope u liked my work :) 
I am waiting to hear your thoughts and your gorgeous work for the 

9 comments:

  1. Its fab..Thanks for the step-by-step tut !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Pooja, what an adorable Shadow box! Background texture and ink splashes look so pretty!
    I an sure ladies must be inspired with this mixed media creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its beautiful. tfs its tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful ! Love the background..have not came across anything so elegant lately...a perfect 10 on 10 tute...thnks fr sharing girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Such a beautiful shadow box. Fantastic work Pooja. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pooja its such a gorgeous shadow box ..each and every detail is so well thought of and I really loved the step by step tutorial you have shared for it ..Thank you so much for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous shadow box....thank you pooja for this inspirational post....love Daksha

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous project. Beautiful flowers and composition.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.