Saturday 9 February 2013

Guest Designer for February - Shivani Singh

Hello there!

Have you entered our challenge yet? Its a fun one :) For all the details about the challenge do check out the Lulupu Challenge#9. Do give it a try!


For the first guest designer of the month we have invited one of the TOP 3 creations winner from our Challenge last month, the very talented, Shivani Singh. :)


Now, lets hop on to see what she has come up with today to inspire us!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hi to my friends in the blogland
I am way too excited for my first post as a Guest DT on such a creative and wonderful blog of Lulupu…for me its surely a dream come true!

I am Shivani. I am a Postgraduate in Business management and I have over 7 years of experience
in the corporate world. I am happily married to an IT guy (sounds techi…huh), currently looking
after my own IT venture and enjoying the Motherhood of 2 little angels. They are my soul!! I
love to explore new arts and I thoroughly enjoy dancing on my favorite tracks. As an individual I
have always tried to transform my thoughts into arts…Though I love to do quilling, cards and LO a
lot…apart from this I am also learning mixed media art. Will be showcasing some of my creativity
soon and would always love to have your comments and feedback! Art makes me feel stress-free!!

Now for this month theme, here is something which I want to share with u all J this month
challenge brings in the creativity at its most…SPLASH OF COLORS!! When I thought of it…I thought
of colors complimenting each other in some way or the other. I believe every color has its own
uniqueness and if used cleverly they can say more than words…

This months theme is SPLASH OF COLORS and I worked with 5 colors not from the same family…and
the twist is to use the punches innovatively!


I have made a quotation LO. I love to work on A3 as there is more room for creativity, coordination
and later on, it can be used for journalising/pics. I have divided it in to two parts. For the base
I have used orange glitter sheet and with a balloon and heart punch I have made few flowers
complimenting with leaves and bling.



   


 

I have used a beautiful Martha Stewart’s punch to make a borders with different colors…that
reminds me of holi actually (wink*) On the other half, again I have used Martha Stewart’s (punch all
over the page) and it came out beautifully I guess! I love to play with washi/fabric tapes and you can
find soooo many at Lulupu (don’t forget to check)…they really make your projects fab. Sentiments
are computer generated and I have used Tim Holtz Distress Ink with a blending technique to put a
color splash..u can find small floral punches there to…with quilled flowers!

With this, I would like to thank Karuna and Lulupu team for giving me such a wonderful platform to
interact with people like you.

Hugs!

Shivani

Blog: Magickrafts

4 comments:

  1. This is truly Splash of Color Shivani and such fabulous use of punches!! You have blended so many things like quilling and punch craft to make one superb piece :) Good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. With such vibrant colors and so many pretty details, this layout is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very vibrant and colorful. love the way u have incorporated quilling and punch craft in your project
    thanks for the inspiration .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.