Wednesday 30 December 2015

Washi tape mini Canvas & Au revoir

Hello creatives,

Kripa here, with my final project as DT for Lulupu - a mini canvas based on the theme this month
Deck up your Home with washi tape + mod podge
(Click here to read the full post on the challenge)

The first layer is pattern paper and torn strips of washi tapes (
Glitter Light Gold Japanese Washi Tape, Gold Script Japanese Washi Tape) on a Kraft base. Next is a layer of texture paste through a stencil. Finally, more pieces of torn washi tape and some embellishments.


Washi strips added just the right interest to the background, enough to not use any stamping at all! The challenge with using washi was that it wouldn't stick on texture paste and because I used small torn strips it was even more difficult keeping them down on the bumpy textures. Mod Podge Matte 4 oz came to my rescue, as it dries transparent, you can't even see it and those tiny pieces of tape will stay there forever! You have two more days to link your entries for this month's challenge here.

Its now time to say my final goodbyes. I've had a wonderful journey last two years with a very talented bunch of fellow designers and so much love from all of you for which I'm ever grateful. A huge thank you to Karuna, who trusted me (more than I did) with an invitation to join her DT at the time when I had just started scrapbooking. I will miss working with you.

Here are my favourite projects from this year.

This mini album is definitely top of the list for me as I discover the possibilities of creating interest with textures (minus wet media) You can see all the pages here and tutorial here.

Memory keeping is what attracted me to scrapbooking in the first place and I'm thoroughly enjoying creating in this altered book journal. You can see two more pages of this book here and here.

This year I made more cards than layouts. Click here to see closies of each card.

Another card which I really enjoyed making. Wish I had an endless supply of these cherubs. You can read through the tutorial here.

Finally, a reverse canvas inspired by the sea. More pictures and details here.

When I was going through my projects trying to choose favourites, it was easy to see how much my style has evolved through my time as a Lulu Pooh thanks to encouragement from my wonderful fellow DTs - Manu, Tanvi, Neha, Dolly and Karuna and all of you who read my posts and leave me comments - they mean so much to me.

I will continue to share my art journey on my blog - theColourPress and will be super thrilled if you visit me there.

Wishing you all a joyous 2016.

Au revoir,
Kripa




5 comments:

  1. Beautiful creations Kripa...thank you so much for being an awesome inspiration to us! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe inspiring projects they all are.. Absolutely loved them all :) thanks for sharing ur beautiful creations :)
    Best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ease with which you build on layers Kripa! Awesome projects! Thanks for your love & support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your creations Kripa ...all are beautiful thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.