Monday 18 June 2012

Thinking of you: Masking, distressing and stamping technique

Heya crafters!

Shruti here and am back with yet another card to inspire you. Since our challenge topic for the month of June is “Stamping”, I decided to come up with a card with a bit of stamping and masking techniques to inspire you guys. To know more about the challenge and to enter click the link below.

June - Stamping Challenge

Here are the some yum stuff I got from Lulupu, some of which I’ve already put to use in my card for today!!

In the card I made today, I’ve used 3 techniques. Masking, distressing and stamping!

Mask the area u don’t want to distress with a masking tape. Now, you start blending two distress ink colors you’ve chosen with a blending foam. Once you’ve achieved your desired result, stamp the image with black ink. Now take off the masking tape and be ready to be amazed!!

And of course, I’ve used my new super duper Washi tape! How pretty is that?!

Do try it out as am sure you’ll have fun making it! I sure did.

Supplies used:

Kraft cardstock
Distress inks - Victorian Velvet, Shabby Shutters
Black ink - Staz-on
Black Zig-zag Washi Tape
Stamp - Butterflies in Spring

Love,
Shruti

5 comments:

  1. this looks super shruts... amazing techniques shown and looks gorgeous...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! trust you to combine so many techniques and so beautifully.Gorgeous card.Love it and love the zig zag washi tape too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so so pretty, love how the Washi Tape grounds the stamping

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only you can come up with so many techniques in just 1 card! The masking looks perfect and the washi tape looks gorgeous.... all together a fab fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I just love the stamp set used...the combo of colors is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.