Hello lovely readers,
Hope you all are having a wonderful start of the August Month. This months theme at Lulupu is a very unique and cute one. The focus is all on the babies! They bring so much joy and love in all our lives, so we decided to dedicate this month to baby related theme. Have you read through Tanvi's post on the theme challenge and how to participate, if no, then hop over to
I have created a welcome baby card with a mobile hanging inside. Here's how it looks from the front and inside:
For the tutorial, I have a photo snap shot explaining the simple process [Warning: Its a lot of pink in here]
1. I used an cute baby elephant from Wplus9 - Unforgettable stamp set and coloured them and fussy cut each piece out. You can use any cute image for creating the mobile hanger.
2. For the card, I used a 5 1/2 X 10 card stock. I used two of them, since the inside piece (shown below) is used to create the hanger. Fold the cardstock and make two parallel lines, approximately 5 cm long and cut along those lines.
3. Fold the cut piece towards the inside to create the hanger (shown below):
4. For the front of the card, I used the stars from the same stamp set and created a background using some distress ink in worn lipstick shade. I also added a ribbon on the front and added the sentiment welcome baby on a piece of cardstock which was fussy cut and mounted using some foam adhesive.
5. Finally, I strung the elephant images on the inside of the card, using some plain stitching thread. Be careful to hang the images at different lengths to add some interest.
Once you open the card, you are greeted with these cute elephants turning on every side.
I think this would make a cute idea to create baby cards, since the options are endless. You can use stars, alphabets and any cute animal stamp you have in your stash.
I hope you have been inspired by this project and do try something cute to link up for our monthly challenge!
Till I meet you all next!
Stuff available at Lulupu: