Neha here, and this time I am sharing with you a mixed media card along with a pictorial. I love doing mixed media and generally I make layouts or canvas using it but for the first time I am doing a card. Here is my card.
The central panel on the card is done with a no. of small hexagons placed over a CS (sprayed with LSG spray) using foam dots. For the base I took a white CS and matted a PP from Prima epiphany collection over it. Added some lace on both sides of Hexagon panel and matted it over pp panel.
Lets see how to make this.
1. Take a piece of CS and splatter different colors from LSG sprays and other paint. Cover all white spaces. Let it dry.
2. After drying use a stencil to trace the shape with a pencil. You can use any stencil. I used here honeycomb stencil.
3. Distress the edges of hexagonal shapes and a white CS over which you will place them with vintage photo DI.
4. Color the CS with LSG sprays. I used here Glory of the seas gold.
5. Now place the hexagons in a pattern over the CS using foam dots to add dimension.
Add some gold paint using your fingers.
6. Heat emboss some chunky black embossing enamel.
7. Spray some more color, splatters of pink and black paint and add some glass beads from Prima.
Next add some piece of lace on both sides of the above panel.
8. Now take a piece of white CS which will form the card base and mat a pp over it. Glue the hexagonal panel in its center.
9. Distress the edges of pp with vintage photo DI and soften the look with gesso. Add some gesso over lace also.
10. Embellish the card with net, Prima wire thread, Prima flowers, leaves, wood veneers and charms. Splatter some black paint, on the edges of hexagons and your card is ready.
I am happy the way it came out finally.What do you think. Let me know. Do take part in our current challenge here.
Supplies from store: