Tuesday 27 August 2013

Tilda says Happy Birthday!

Morning, folks!

Today I have for you a simple and pretty card featuring the cute and pretty Tilda of the Magnolia fame. And she's wishing someone really lucky, a very Happy Birthday! ;)

Without wasting any time, I will just add that it is pink-ish, glittery and I've added some Quilling. :D

Here's a glimpse of Tilda..

I have stamped her using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on a white CS and coloured her using Faber Castell Watercolour pencils, after which, I have used my Koi Waterbrush over the image, starting with the lightest colour and then moving on to the darkest to avoid the darker colours mixing with the lighter ones. I have also added Stickles over the flower and the bow on her head.

I then Quilled some flowers in the same colour that I used to colour the little daisy on Tilda's hand; and now that I think about it, I realise that I should have added the stem on the other side of the joined petals. 
That would have made it similar to the flower in her hand. Maybe next time. :)
Speaking of Quilling, have you checked out the Quilling Supplies available at the Lulupu Store??

And what is a Birthday card without a Happy Birthday Sentiment?? I stamped the sentiment using Memento's Rich Cocoa ink on a scrap piece of PP and distressed the edges using Vintage Photo and then mounted the piece on foam squares. I added some Quilled flowers and leaves here as well.

And now for the complete card!! :D


Tilda Stamps are great, simply because they are so cute and slightly larger than your average stamps, so they cover a significant area of a standard size card, which means very little embellishing. You can easily make a card using just Tilda. Also, colouring her is so much fun!! I hope you liked what I have done here.. :) I will be back sometime next month.. 

But before that..
1. Have you linked up at our Weather or Not Challenge?? You still have 5 days (including today!)
2. There's going to be a major overhaul in the way we are going to be doing things around here... So watch out for the announcement along with the New Challenge on the first of next month!!! :D :D 

Here's the list of products used to make this card...




See you guys soon! Happy Crafting!

Love,
Nikita.. :)

7 comments:

Thank you for your comments and feedback.