Wednesday 9 May 2012

Double fold card: Sorry you caught a bug!

Good morning crafters!

To say that I was amazed by the special fold cards I've seen so far would be an understatement!! I was bowled over by the Magic Explosion card Karuna made and I had never even heard of a Diamond fold card so that was a complete surprise!!!! Thanks ladies for such wonderful inspirations. :)

Khushboo's Six fold card was something I had seen before. But even so, it was so colourful that I decided to make today's card in a similar manner - with lots of patterned papers!!! And I borrowed another idea from her card; I made something similar to what she did to hold my card in place.

It's a very simple fold and I am not sure what it is called so I'm calling it a Double fold card, simply because it has two flaps overlapping one another. It's a get well soon, kind of card and I decided to make that because I haven't been keeping well the past two days.. So there was the inspiration.

The final card measures 4"x4" and I've used some amazing PPs from the Lulupu store (full supply list at the end of the post!) Here's the card!






And here are the videos. Yes, you read that right. Since the video was turning out to be very long, I split it into two... 

Here's Part 1



And here's Part 2




Supply List

1. Card Stock - Locally Purchased
2. Patterned Paper - Boho Chic - Custom Premium Paper Pad 6"X6" 32/Sheets
3. Stamp Sets
    a) Getwell2you
    b) Lines2journal - Both by the {Stamps} of Life
    c) On the mend - Lawn Fawn
4. Colours - Faber Castell Water Colour Pencils
5. Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black and Rich Cocoa
6. Adhesive
    a) Allary Permanent Dot Adhesive Runner
    b) Elmer's Craft Glue
7. Die Sets - Spellbinders
    a) Standard Circles Large
    b) Classic Scalloped Circles Large
    c) Edgeabilities Mix & Match Classics
8. Paper Trimmer - Fiskars
9. Scoring Tool - Scor Pal
10. Die Cutting Machine - Cuttlebug
11. Water Brush - Sakura Koi Water Brushes (small & medium)
12. Crop a Dile Corner Chomper - We R Memory Keepers

Hope you guys liked the card and enjoyed the video(s)!! See you all next time!

Till then,
Happy Crafting!!

Love,
Nikita! :)

10 comments:

  1. thats a beautiful card Nikita..love the PP and sentiments in each fold !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the PPs Nikita.. Great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous use of PP's and fabulous fold..love the coloring too!! very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wooow nikita lovely use of pp....and dis card on net or youtube if you search is called flip flap card.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nikita, very nice card! The tute has come out very well!! Will give it a try some time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg! i love the splash of colours! u always come up with such amazing soothing combinations! Fantastic tute! Altogether an ultimate crafty pleasure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb!! :) Loved the tutorial too! Will surely give this fold a try.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card ...love it.thnx for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute card ...love it.thnx for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Nikita, I am a little late in commenting but I really loved this card. Very simple folds and wonderful PPs. Would love to give it a try and share my work (mine will need many improvements though:()...
    The tutorial is also great.
    Thanks for sharing...
    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.